Frigidaire has garnered an excellent reputation through the years, and this Frigidaire FFBD1821MS 18″ Built-In Dishwasher review confirms that the company has not wavered from this tradition of excellence, at least as far as this dishwasher model is concerned.
Take a look at its amazing features:
- It doesn’t take up a lot of space, so it’s ideal for those who live in small homes. You only need to reserve a space in your kitchen that’s 18 inches wide and 24 inches deep. The height ranges from 32½ inches to 35¼ inches. This built-in dishwasher weighs 65 pounds and it even comes with convenient leveling legs.
- It gives you 6 cycles to choose from. It offers a hi-temperature wash to kill germs, and a heavy cycle. There’s also a cycle specifically for delicate crystal and china, as the dishwasher provides a gentler yet thorough cleaning with a 30% reduction in the wash pressure.
- Delay start is available, so you can put off the cleaning for 1 to 24 hours to take advantage of cheaper power rates at different times. For drying, you also have the heat/no heat dry option. The FFBD1821MS is also certified by Energy Star.
What these things mean is that the FFBD1821MS exceeds the minimum Federal requirements for dishwasher energy consumption. The FFBD1821MS costs less to operate because it doesn’t need as much energy to function and this will benefit the environment as well.
- The interior is stainless steel, which offers several benefits. It doesn’t take a long time to get the hot water you need for washing the dishes, and you can make use of hotter water than what you can get from plastic interiors. The stainless steel construction also helps the dishwasher become more durable. It’s also much easier to clean than standard plastic or porcelain dishwasher interiors.
- The FFBD1821MS is very easy to use. You just need to push a button to select the option you want. There’s a low-rinse aid indicator light, and a removable stainless steel filter.
- It is compliant with the American with Disabilities Act. As an ADA-compliant dishwasher, it means even those in a wheel chair can use the FFBD1821MS without any difficulty.
The rack space is accessible from the front to make loading and unloading easy. There’s no need for a control or operating mechanism that requires a lot of force or twisting. There’s even no need for two hands, because you can do everything with just one hand.
- It looks great. The stainless steel exterior fits right in any ultra-modern kitchen. Yet it also doesn’t look out of place in more classic-looking kitchens with its subtle and understated design.
Dishwashers today are quite energy-efficient, as they use only half or even a fourth of the water used by washing dishes and kitchenware by hand. But as this Frigidaire FFBD1821MS 18″ Built-In Dishwasher review has shown, the efficiency of this particular model affects all aspects of its operation.
It’s just the right size, it cleans dishes effectively and quickly, and it doesn’t cost much to use.